1. Which was the 1st non Test playing country to beat India in an international match?
B. Sri Lanka
D. East Africa
Answer: B.Sri Lanka
Explanation: Sri Lanka got the status of Test playing country in 1981, and beat India in the 1979 World Cup. Before this they were champion of ICC non-test playing countries.
2. In which of the following sports games the term Interference is used?
D. Table Tennis
Answer: B. Chess
Explanation: In Chess – when a piece is sacrificially interposed between attacker and defender.In ice hockey – when the penalty where a player impedes the movement of another player who does not have the puck, In baseball – it is an infraction where a person illegally changes the course of play from what is expected.
3. Former Australian captain Mark Taylor has had several nicknames over his playing career. Which of the following was NOT one of them?
C. Helium Bat
Answer: D. Stumpy
Explanation: He was christened ‘Helium Bat’ very early in his career by team mates, due to his habit of lifting his bat over his shoulder and letting anything bowled outside the off-stump go by.
4. Who is the 2018 World Boxing Association’s Heavyweight Champion male?
A. Trevor Bryan
B. Manuel Charr
C. Anthony Joshua
D. Rocky Fielding
Answer: A. Trevor Bryan
Explanation: Trevor Bryan from America is the 2018 World Boxing Association’s Heavyweight Champion of 2018. He is a professional boxer from Americ.
5. Which county did Ravi Shastri play for?
Answer: A. Glamorgan
Explanation: Ravi Shastri once hit spinner Tilak Raj for 6 sixes in an over in a First Class match.
6. In which of the following sports Decision Referral System is used?
Answer: D. Cricket
Explanation: In Cricket (DRS) Decision Referral System is used
7. The ”Marquess of Queensberry rules” is a code of generally accepted rules in which of the following sports?
Answer: B. Boxing
Explanation: The Marquess of Queensberry Rules , also known as Queensbury Rules, are a code of generally accepted rules in the sport of boxing.
8. Who is the first Indian woman to win an Asian Games gold in a 400 m run?
C. Kamaljit Sandhu
Answer: C. Kamaljit Sandhu
Explanation: Kamaljeet Sandhu is a female Indian athlete who won gold medal at 1970 Bangkok Asian Games in 400 m race. She ran the distance in 57.3 seconds. She is the first Indian woman athlete to win an individual gold medal at Asian games.
9. Who was the first Indian to win the World Amateur Billiards title?
A. Geet Sethi
B. Wilson Jones
C. Michael Ferreira
D. Manoj Kothari
Answer: B. Wilson Jones
Explanation: In 1950, he won his first national title, defeating T. A. Selvaraj in the final. During the next sixteen years, he won the amateur National Billiards Championship of Indian twelve times.
10. Who is the Chairperson of IOC Coordination Commission Beijing 2022?
A. Danka Bartekova
B. Ban Ki-moon
C. Ng Ser Miang
D. Juan Antonio Samaranch, Jr.
Answer: D. Juan Antonio Samaranch, Jr.
Explanation: The Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics will need to have spectators in attendance for it to be successful, Juan Antonio Samaranch Jr, chair of the (IOC) International Olympic Committee coordination commission.