12 August 2021 Current Affairs
1. Which state has become the first one to issue the order about the implementation of the National Education Policy-2020?
Explanation: Karnataka has become the first state in the country to issue the order about the implementation of the National Education Policy-2020.
2. Which state has signed an MoU with ‘Walmart Vriddhi’ and ‘Haqdarshak’?
Explanation: The Haryana government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with ‘Walmart Vriddhi’ and ‘Haqdarshak’ to create a pathway for Indian MSMEs’ products to move to the international markets.
3. Japan commemorates which day every year as Nagasaki day?
Answer: A.August 9
Explanation: Japan commemorates the 9th of August every year as Nagasaki day. On August 9, 1945, the United States dropped an atomic bomb on Nagasaki, Japan
4. Which country has granted a patent to an AI system for the first time?
Answer: C.South Africa
Explanation: In a world first, South Africa granted a patent to an artificial intelligence system.
5. Ralph Gonsalves, who was attacked recently, is the Prime Minister of which country?
B.Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Answer: B.Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Explanation: The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has condemned the ghastly attack on Prime Minister Ralph Gonsalves of St. Vincent and the Grenadines and wished him a quick recovery and good health
6. Which state has renamed the Kakori Train Conspiracy as Kakori Train Action?
Answer: A.Uttar Pradesh
Explanation: The UP Government has renamed the Kakori Train Conspiracy as Kakori Train Action.
7. The 7th edition of the International Army Games, 2021, will be held in which country?# 12 August 2021 Current Affairs
Explanation: The 7th edition of the International Army Games, 2021, will be held from 22 August to 04 September 2021 in Russia
8. Who has virtually attended the eighth meeting of Ministers of Justice of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO)?
Answer: D.Kiren Rijiju
Explanation: The Union Law Minister Kiren Rijiju has virtually attended the eighth meeting of Ministers of Justice of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO).
9. Which state won the ‘AI Gamechanger’ Award in the Xperience-AI Summit organised by NASSCOM?
Explanation: The Telangana government’s Information Technology, Electronics and Communication (IT, E&C) department won the ‘AI Gamechanger’ Award in the Xperience-AI Summit organised by the National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM).
10. Which amendment bill has been introduced in Lok Sabha that seeks to give power to states to make their OBC lists?
Explanation: The Government has introduced the 127th Constitution Amendment Bill in Lok Sabha. The bill seeks to restore the State Government’s power to make their own OBC lists